Luis Muriel scored twice in the first half to give Atalanta a 2-1 victory at Crotone on Saturday and put the side back on a winning path in Serie A after losing its previous two games.
Atalanta, which went second with 12 points from six matches, dominated the game but made life hard for itself by wasting too many chances.
Muriel missed two openings before he put Atalanta ahead in the 26th minute with a shot on the turn from Ruslan Malinovskyi's pass.
Alejandro Gomez and Muriel saw further chances go begging before the Colombian struck again in the 38th minute, squeezing his shot in at the near post after Remo Freuler won possession and laid the ball off.
Crotone, bottom-of-the-table with one point, replied two minutes later when Simy scored from narrow angle.
Duvan Zapata was the main culprit as Atalanta failed to add to its lead in the second half, missing three chances in quick succession.
- Full list of highest T20I totals successfully chased against India: Australia sets new record in Guwahati
- IND vs AUS: Deepak Chahar added to India’s squad for T20I series against Australia
- PCB waives off 50 per cent match fee fine imposed on Azam Khan for displaying Palestine flag
- IND vs AUS: Maxwell concedes 30 runs off last over as India scores mammoth 222 against Australia in 3rd T20I
- Ruturaj Gaikwad smashes maiden international century; becomes first Indian to score T20I hundred against Australia