Bayern Munich fined midfielder Corentin Tolisso an unspecified amount and dropped him from Saturday's Bundesliga game against Hoffenheim after the French world champion broke the league's health measures by getting a tattoo.
The 26-year-old had briefly posted on social media a video of him getting a tattoo, that angered club officials.
"We are happy that despite the current situation Bundesliga matches can be played. A condition for that is that players, coaches and staff stick to the health rules set out," Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said in a statement.
"Corentin Tolisso has now broken these rules despite the fact that the club leadership has clearly communicated those rules with the team. This is frustrating and will not be tolerated."
Bayern tops the standings is on course for a ninth consecutive Bundesliga title.
Latest on Sportstar
- French Open 2023, June 6 schedule: Djokovic, Alcaraz and Sabalenka in action in quarterfinals; H2H records, streaming info
- FC Goa’s new coach Marquez lauds club’s grassroots football structure
- WTC Final 2023: Rohit’s India aims to end ICC title drought, faces stern Australia test
- ‘Embarrassing’, ‘feral’, ‘disrespectful’: French Open fans under fire
- French Open 2023 Live Updates: Djokovic faces Khachanov, Alcaraz vs Tsitsipas in Roland-Garros quarterfinals