Qatar on Friday became the earliest host nation ever to be knocked out from the FIFA World Cup, after going down 3-1 against Senegal in its second Group A match. Netherlands’ 1-1 draw against Ecuador later in the day officially confirmed Qatar’s exit from the group.
The Middle Eastern country has now become only the second host after South Africa to be eliminated during the group stages. The Bafana Bafana were eliminated from the 2010 World Cup in the third round of matches in the group stage.
In Group A, Netherlands and Ecuador are tied on four points, while Senegal sits on three points.
More to follow...
- 2023 Vijay Hazare Trophy LIVE Score, Round 4: Baroda 54/4 in 167-run chase vs TN; Mumbai beats Pondicherry by 7 wickets; Saurashtra eyes big win vs Odisha
- IND vs AUS, 3rd T20I: With so much dew even 14 runs per over would have been chased, says Gaikwad defending Prasidh and co.
- India’s Ashwal Rai, Muthusamy urge home support during Volleyball Club World Championships 2023
- Barca has shown ‘winning mentality’ in Champions League, says Xavi
- Pakistan players told to put country before franchise leagues under new team director Hafeez