Star striker Sunil Chhetri returned to the Indian men's national football team preparatory camp as head coach Igor Stimac named 41 probables ahead of its AFC Asian Cup final round qualifiers in June.
An injury ruled the 37-year-old Chhetri out of the recent friendlies against Bahrain and Belarus. The players and the support staff will assemble in Bellary on April 23 and will start training from the next day till May 8.
The team will then move to Kolkata to continue with the camp till the qualifiers. According to a release issued by the All India Football Federation (AIFF), the players from Mumbai City FC and ATK Mohun Bagan will join the camp after their respective club commitments.
India has been drawn alongside Hong Kong, Afghanistan, and Cambodia in Group D of the AFC Asian Cup China 2023 final round qualifiers.
The leg which will kick-off on June 8 will be played at the Vivekananda Yuba Bharati Krirangan in Kolkata. India play their first match against Cambodia on June 8.
Team India had earlier played international friendlies against Bahrain and Belarus in March.
- Messi leaves door open to FIFA 2026 World Cup
- Vaishali Rameshbabu becomes India’s 84th grandmaster
- AFC Asian Cup 2023: Qatar unveils family of desert rodents as mascots for premier tournament in Asia
- Hyderabad FC vs Mohun Bagan SG LIVE Streaming Info, ISL 2023-24: When, where to watch HFC vs MBSG, predicted lineups, preview and more
- IPL 2024 Auction: Full list of registered capped Indian players, base price