Brazil coach Dunga has vowed to reveal the truth over his decision to leave Real Madrid defender Marcelo out of his squad for the matches against Uruguay and Paraguay.
Dunga somewhat surprisingly omitted the 27-year-old for both World Cup qualifiers, supposedly for fitness reasons with the left-back missing a number of games in recent weeks due to minor physical problems.
Madrid, which faces Barcelona in the season's second El Clasico next weekend, denied it did not want the defender to travel to Brazil for the matches with the player admitting the situation "bothered him a little bit".
"After these two games, the Brazil doctor will show the messages that were exchanged [with Madrid's medical staff]," Dunga said at a news conference.
"We will reveal the truth after the game against Paraguay."
Brazil sits fifth in the table ahead of Friday's match against Uruguay with seven points from four games, with Uruguay second on nine points.
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE, September 27 Updates: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet; Esha bags silver in 25m pistol; Sumit bows out in tennis QF; India 5th with 22 medals
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Marsh, Smith keep scoring rate up for Australia post-PowerPlay
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: Manav, Manush qualify for doubles R-32; Sathiyan, Manika in Mixed Doubles R-32 next
- Shooting HIGHLIGHTS Asian Games 2023: Sift Kaur wins gold with WR, India wins 25m women’s pistol team gold - Hangzhou 2022 updates
- Asian Games 2023: Anant Jeet Singh wins silver in men’s shotgun skeet event