La Liga is the only top-five football league in Europe that does not have the goal-line technology and league President Javier Tebas confirmed that there would be no change as he views the technology to be ‘too expensive’.
According to reports, Spanish top-flight football is set to go without the technology for another season as Tebas is unwilling to pay the 2.6 million pounds fee required to make the necessary changes.
Atletico Madrid’s 3-3 draw with Espanyol sparked recent controversy, with the latter team asking for the match to be annulled because of Antoine Griezmann’s goal, which was awarded after a VAR check. Espanyol claimed that the entirety of the ball had not crossed the line, a matter which would be easier to confirm if La Liga had goal-line technology.
Atletico manager Diego Simeone, who is in his last season with the club, spoke on the matter.
- India vs Bangladesh Live Scorecard, Asia Cup 2023 Super 4: Streaming info; BAN loses 3 early wickets, Thakur picks two, Tilak drops Miraz
- India vs Bangladesh LIVE Score, Asia Cup 2023 Super 4: Shami, Shardul economical in PowerPlay - IND vs BAN updates
- India vs Bangladesh Colombo weather LIVE updates, Asia Cup 2023: No rain at the moment as Super 4 IND v BAN game begins
- India vs Bangladesh Toss Updates, Asia Cup 2023 Super 4: India wins the toss, opts to field first
- IND vs BAN, Asia Cup 2023 Super 4: Tilak Varma makes ODI debut for India