Goa is on track to host the 37th National Games in the first week of November, state’s sports minister Govind Gaude said after his meeting with the Indian Olympic Association top-brass here on Tuesday.
A four-member team led by Gaude met IOA president PT Usha, vice president Gagan Narang, and joint-secretary Kalyan Choubey among others.
Taking the international sports calendar into consideration (from September 23-October 8), Goa is considering organising the National Games from the first week of November and the exact dates would be announced soon, Gaude said in an IOA statement.
“The Games logo will be launched on April 15 and an IOA delegation will soon visit Goa to evaluate the readiness and finalise the technical requirements for conducting each sport very shortly,” added the IOA release.
Gujarat hosted the last edition of the Games in September-October last year.
- IND vs ENG Live Score, 2nd Test Day 3: India 227/6 at Tea; Gill, Axar fall in quick succession; India leads by 370
- Ranji Trophy Live score Updates: Parth Bhut takes seven wickets, Saurashtra beats Maharashtra by 48 runs
- FIH Pro League: Looking forward to tough battles against India and Australia, says Dutch skipper Brinkman
- IND vs ENG, 2nd Test: Shubman Gill scores century to end 12-inning drought
- What is England’s highest successful Test run chase in Asia?