Gujarat Titans had its revenge on Friday. And it came fast.
Hardik Pandya’s men outplayed Rajasthan Royals in their reverse IPL 2023 fixture at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium, avenging the three-wicket defeat at Ahmedabad. The win also consolidated their position at the top of the points table.
After bowling out the host for 118, with the Afghan leg-spin duo of Rashid Khan and Noor Ahmad claiming five wickets between them, Titans romped home with nine wickets and 6.1 overs to spare. On a wicket that certainly looked better than what the Royals total suggested, the chase was a walk in the park for Titans.
Shubman Gill (36, 35b, 6x4), playing as the Impact Player, and Wriddhiman Saha (41 n.o., 34b, 5x4) put on 71. After Gill got stumped off Yuzvendra Chahal, skipper Hardik Pandya (39 n.o., 15b, 3x4, 3x6) came in, and he was a man in a hurry. He smashed Adam Zampa for 24 in an over.
In the Royals innings, only one batter reached 30. Sanju Samson was looking good, and his dismissal was a big setback, but that of his second-wicket partner was even bigger. Yashasvi Jaiswal is in the form of his life and was shaping up well once again when he was run-out in a mix-up with his captain.
-P.K. Ajith Kumar
- Red Bull woes at Singapore Grand Prix nothing to do with FIA directive, says Horner
- Davis Cup Debut: The test of nerves in a trial by fire
- Ten Hag denies Man United is in crisis after latest Premier League loss in troubled season
- India vs Sri Lanka LIVE Streaming info, Asia Cup final: When and where to watch IND vs SL match today?
- India vs Sri Lanka LIVE Colombo weather updates, Asia Cup final: Will rain affect match today?