India’s H S Prannoy staged a spirited comeback to beat compatriot and CWG champion Lakshya Sen to enter the singles quarterfinals at the World Championships in Tokyo on Thursday.
It was a gruelling one hour and 15 minute battle between Lakshya and Prannoy who eventually eked out a 17-21, 21-16, 21-17 over his teammate. It was the fourth meeting of the year for the two Indians after Prannoy's win, their head-to-head record standing at 2-2.
Prannoy will now face China's Zhao Jun Peng in the quarterfinals.
- Portugal vs Iceland LIVE SCORE, Euro 2024 qualifiers: POR 0 - 0 ICE, Cristiano Ronaldo and Co pinning Iceland in its own half
- Pat Cummins relishes reaching ‘pinnacle of international cricket’ as Australia crowned ICC World Cup for sixth time
- IND vs AUS: Let the dust settle first for reflection, says Dravid after India loses ICC World Cup 2023 final
- Winning the World Cup is a better feeling than watching it from the couch: Head
- Never expected this, not in a million years: Travis Head talking about his ton in the ICC World Cup 2023 Final against India