India’s Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty progressed to the quarterfinals while HS Prannoy and Priyanshu Rajawat suffered second-round defeats in the Korea Open Super 500 tournament in Yeosu on Thursday.
Asian champions Satwik and Chirag defeated the Chinese duo of He Ji Ting and Zhou Hao Dong 21-17, 21-15 to set up a last-eight clash with fifth-seeded Japanese pair of Takuro Hoki and Yugo Kobayashi.
Prannoy lost to Lee Cheuk Yiu of Hong Kong 15-21, 21-19, 18-21 in an hour and six minutes, while Priyanshu was defeated by Japan’s Kodai Naraoka 14-21, 21-19, 17-21.
The women’s doubles pairing of Treesa Jolly and Gayatri Gopichand also bowed out of the tournament after losing to Korea’s Baek Ha Na and Lee So Hee 11-21, 4-21 in 33 minutes.
The mixed doubles pair of Rohan Kapoor and Sikki Reddy were defeated by the Chinese pair of Feng Yan Zhe and Huang Dong Ping, 15-21, 12-21.
- Al Nassr vs Persepolis LIVE Score, NAS 0-0 PER, AFC Champions League 2023-24: Ronaldo’s 10 man team keeps it all square, second half underway
- ISL 2023-24: Super sub Victor Rodriguez brings three points home for FC Goa against Jamshedpur FC as it goes on top of the table
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC Highlights, AFC Cup: MBSG 2-5 OFC, Juggernauts beat Mariners to stay second
- Prannoy, Lakshya withdraw from Syed Modi International 2023
- Hockey Nationals 2023: Defending champions Haryana to face Punjab in the final