Anna Ushenina of Ukraine will take on Valentina Gunina of Russia in the final of the first Grand Prix leg of the FIDE Chess.com Women's Speed Chess on Sunday.
Ushenina, who defeated India's R. Vaishali in the semifinal, is seeded 12th.
Gunina, who outplayed compatriot Alexandra Kosteniuk in the other semifinal, made the main draw through the qualifying route, like Vaishali.
There are four legs in Speed Chess, with each of the 22 players getting to play in three of them. Two women with highest points will face off in a super final on July 20.
Besides Vaishali, World rapid chess champion Koneru Humpy and Dronavalli Harika are the other Indians in the fray. Humpy suffered a shock defeat in the first round of this leg, while Harika will make an appearance only in the second leg, beginning on July 1.
- Parveen Hooda assures Asian Games boxing bronze, fulfils her part of the deal with father suffering from cancer
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally LIVE , October 1 - Avinash Sable, Tajindarpal Singh Toor win gold; Men’s shooting trap team bags gold too; India 4th with 13 gold, 45 medals
- India vs China Badminton LIVE Score men’s team final, Asian Games 2023: Srikanth loses first game vs Shifeng Li; Satwik-Chirag, Lakshya win to give India 2-0 lead in tie; Hangzhou updates
- Asian Games 2023: “Anybody would see it as gold lost”— Aditi Ashok after finishing 2nd in women’s golf
- Asian Games 2023: Tajinderpal Singh Toor wins shot put gold