Shreyas Iyer became the third Indian batter to score consecutive hundreds in ODI World Cup, during India’s semifinal match against New Zealand in Mumbai on Wednesday.
FOLLOW LIVE | India vs New Zealand ODI World Cup 2023 Semifinal
Iyer slammed a hundred in 67 deliveries to join Rahul Dravid and Rohit Sharma in the illustrious list. The batter had also hit a century in India’s final league stage game against the Netherlands on Sunday.
Dravid had hit back-to-back tons during the 1999 World Cup while Rohit had managed the feat during the previous edition in 2019.
Howeve, Rohit hit three consecutive tons - 102 against England, 104 against Bangladesh and 103 against Sri Lanka.
- East Bengal vs Chennaiyin FC LIVE score, EBFC v CFC, ISL 2023-24: Match updates, preview and more
- IND vs ENG: Rohit Sharma credits young stars after India pockets series win in Ranchi
- Chelsea looks to respond to Neville’s ‘‘bottle jobs’‘ taunt by staying on course in FA Cup
- Indian sports wrap, February 26
- WPL 2024: Gujarat Giants stumbles to five-wicket loss against Mumbai Indians in low-scoring encounter