South Africa all-rounder Chris Morris bagged the highest bid ever in the history of IPL auction when he was signed for a whopping ₹16.25 crore. The 33-year-old, who had a base price of only ₹75 lakh, went to the Rajasthan Royals.
Earlier, India's Yuvraj Singh held the record of being the most expensive player in the tournament, having fetched ₹16 crore in 2015.
All-rounder Krishnappa Gowtham became the most expensive Indian buy, going for ₹9.25 crore to the Chennai Super Kings.
Australian cricketers Jhye Richardson (Punjab Kings, ₹14 crore), Glenn Maxwell (Royal Challengers Bangalore, ₹14.25 crore) and Riley Meredith (Punjab Kings, ₹8 crore) were some who started a bidding war among the franchises.
Batting superstar Steve Smith became the first cricketer to be sold at the mini-auction to the Delhi Capitals for ₹2.2 crore. His reserve price was set at ₹2 crore.
Below is the full list of sold and unsold players:
Latest on Sportstar
- Antima Pal wins bronze in 5,000m event at Asian U20 Athletics Championship
- Hyderabad could host World professional snooker ranking event in August, says RB Ganesh
- Women’s Junior Asia Cup 2023: India ready for Malaysia challenge
- Swiatek no fan of ‘Iga’s Bakery’ memes after serving up another double bagel
- An Se Young defeats He Bingjiao in straight games, claims Thailand Open title