Indian wicket-keeper batter Sanju Samson has been ruled out of the rest of the 3-match T20I series against Sri Lanka, announced BCCI on Wednesday.
Samson hurt his knee in the 13th over while fielding in the opening game in Mumbai on Monday, where India pulled off a narrow win by 2 runs.
He was taken for scans and a specialist opinion in Mumbai by the BCCI Medical Team and was advised rest and rehabilitation.
BCCI also named Jitesh Sharma as the replacement for Sanju Samson for the rest of the series. .
India’s second T20I against Sri Lanka will take place in Pune on January 5th.
India’s updated squad for Sri Lanka T20Is: Hardik Pandya (Captain), Ishan Kishan (wk), Ruturaj Gaikwad, Shubman Gill, Suryakumar Yadav (VC), Deepak Hooda, Rahul Tripathi, Jitesh Sharma (wk), Washington Sundar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Axar Patel, Arshdeep Singh, Harshal Patel, Umran Malik, Shivam Mavi, Mukesh Kumar.
- WPL 2024: Struggling UP Warriorz eyes comeback against dominant Mumbai Indians
- Bopanna-Ebden, Yuki-Haase pairs advance, Nagal exits from Dubai Tennis C’ship
- Mexican Open: Second-seeded Holger Rune eases past American Michael Mmoh
- Argentina to play exhibition against Costa Rica instead of Nigeria in Los Angeles on March 26
- A low-ranked American tennis player banned after testing positive for marijuana at a tournament