Warwickshire all-rounder Krunal Pandya, on Monday night, was ruled out of the Royal London Cup after receiving diagnosis on the groin injury he sustained during the match against Notts Outlaws.
Following consultation with doctors, Pandya is likely to miss three weeks and therefore wouldn’t be available for selection should the Bears reach the knockout stages.
Paul Farbrace, Director of Cricket, said: “It’s frustrating to lose Krunal for the remainder of the tournament, but he leaves the club with our very best wishes.
“Krunal was an excellent role model around the group and I’m sure the younger members of the squad will have learnt a lot from him on and off the pitch.” he added.
- National Boxing Championships 2023: Amit Panghal, Shiva Thapa clinch gold as SSCB defends its crown
- EURO 2024 schedule: Full list of matches, groups, kick-off time, venues, dates
- Athletics Federation of India set to become India’s first paperless NSF
- Indian sports news wrap, December 2: Rethin, Aishi win ITF junior titles; Elavenil clinches shooting nationals gold
- Syed Modi International: Priyanshu through to semifinal