Midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic scored a last-minute winner, his second goal of the game, to earn Lazio a 3-2 victory at home against Cremonese on Sunday that sent it back up to second place in Serie A.
Mauricio Sarri’s Lazio is on 71 points, two ahead of Inter Milan in third before the final round of the season.
Lazio started strongly, with Elseid Hysaj scoring after four minutes and Milinkovic-Savic doubling the lead eight minutes before the break.
Cremonese staged a comeback in the second half as Pablo Galdames scored with a powerful shot from the edge of the area after 54 minutes and Lazio’s Manuel Lazzari netted an own goal four minutes later.
Milinkovic-Savic rescued the three points for the home side in the 89th minute, heading in from close range.
Cremonese is 19th and has already been relegated to Serie B for next season.
- Aiming for more at Asian Games: IOA at crossroads to send more teams from India to Hangzhou 2022
- IND vs WI, 2nd Test: India wins series 1-0 after match drawn due to rain
- What Google Won’t Tell You podcast: Murali Sreeshankar on long jump, basketball, speed cubing and sacrificing his beloved parotta
- IND vs WI 2nd Test Highlights, Day 5: Rain plays spoilsport, match ends in draw; India wins series 1-0
- Bundesliga: Austria midfielder Sabitzer swaps Bayern for Dortmund