The Indian men's archery team, comprising Tarundeep Rai, Atanu Das and Pravin Jadhav, defeated Kazakhstan 6-2 in their pre-quarterfinals early on Monday.
India will take on South Korea next in the quarterfinals
In the round of 16, India trailed by a point after the first three shots in set four. However, two 10s in a row saw the men's team progress to the quarterfinals.
The Indian trio, facing Kazakhstan's Abdullin Ilfat, Gankin Denis and Musssayev Sanzhar, in Elimination Men's team match won the first two sets to take a 4-0 lead.
However, Kazakhstan came back strongly to win the third set by a point. In a tense final set, the Indian archers held their nerves.
- Live Score IND vs WI 2nd Test, Day 4: Kishan scores fifty; India sets West Indies 365-run target
- Hopman Cup: Croatia downs Switzerland to clinch title
- Jonas Vingegaard wins second successive Tour de France
- Wrestling trials for Asian Games: Upsets galore show past has little influence on the present
- Deodhar Trophy: Tournament favourite South Zone looks to open campaign on a high against North Zone