Former world no.47 Harinder Pal Singh Sandhu beat sixth seed Harley Lam of Hong Kong 11-3, 11-8, 11-6 in the pre-quarterfinals of the fourth HCL PSA Challenger squash tournament at the Bodhi International School courts on Friday.
In the quarterfinals, Sandhu will play second seed and champion of the last leg in Chennai, Abhay Singh.
Velavan Senthilkumar was the other Indian player in the men’s event to make the quarterfinals, as he cruised past seeventh seed Hafiz Zhafri of Malaysia in straight games. He will play third seed Damen Rahul Pragasam of Malaysia.
In the women’s event, Sunayna kuruvilla beat seventh seed Salma El Alfy of Egypt in straight games. She will play compatriot and third seed Akanksha Salunkhe in the quarterfinals.
Fourth seed Tanvi Khanna was the other Indian woman player to make the quarterfinals, and will face Amina Orfi of Egypt.
The results (pre-quarterfinals):
- 2023 Vijay Hazare Trophy LIVE Score, Round 4: Baroda 54/4 in 167-run chase vs TN; Mumbai beats Pondicherry by 7 wickets; Saurashtra eyes big win vs Odisha
- IND vs AUS, 3rd T20I: With so much dew even 14 runs per over would have been chased, says Gaikwad defending Prasidh and co.
- India’s Ashwal Rai, Muthusamy urge home support during Volleyball Club World Championships 2023
- Barca has shown ‘winning mentality’ in Champions League, says Xavi
- Pakistan players told to put country before franchise leagues under new team director Hafeez