Shubman Gill jabbed a short of length delivery off T. Natarajan for a single to reach his maiden Indian Premier League century (101, 58b; 13x4, 1x6). The young batter took off his helmet, raised the bat and bowed down amid huge cheers from the crowd at the Narendra Modi Stadium on Monday evening.
Gill batted like a dream and guided Gujarat Titans to 188 for nine, before the seasoned pacers - Mohammed Shami and Mohit Sharma - claimed four wickets apiece to earn a 34-run win against Sunrisers Hyderabad to confirm a top-two spot in the playoffs.
Put in, Gill and Sai Sudharsan (47, 36b, 6x4, 1x6), who replaced an injured Vijay Shankar, forged a 147-run stand for the second wicket - the highest partnership for any wicket for the Titans - before Bhuvneshwar Kumar pulled things back with a fifer (five for 30).
READ THE FULL MATCH REPORT HERE
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final 2023: Cameron Green hopes to bring in Rohit Sharma’s calmness in title clash
- Sanjivani Jadhav finishes second in women’s 10,000m at Portland Track Festival
- McIlroy tied for lead at Memorial by making fewest mistakes
- Jabeur upset with fans reselling tickets due to women’s match in night session
- Nkunku stars as Leipzig retains German Cup with 2-0 win over Frankfurt