India’s Jyothi Surekha Vennam qualified for the Archery World Cup 2023 Final schedule to take place in Hermosillo, Mexico on September 9 and 10, 2023.
Her qualification was no surprise as Jyothi claimed two compound gold medals at the Archery World Cup Stage-1 in Antalya.
Jyothi combined with Ojas Deotale to help India beat Chinese Taipei, comprising Yi-Hsuan Chen and Chieh-Lun Chen, 159-154 in the mixed team final. The ace archer then defeated two stalwarts, World No. 1 Ella Gibson in the semifinals and world champion Sara Lopez in the final, to secure her maiden individual title in a World Cup Stage.
The Hyundai Archery World Cup returns for its 17th season in 2023 with four stages and a final scheduled between April and September.
Stages of the World Cup circuit will take place in Antalya(April); Shanghai (May); Medellin (June) and Paris(August).
For the second year in a row, the Hyundai Archery World Cup Final will be in Mexico – this time in Hermosillo (September).
Apart from Jyothi, Penny Healey, Dan Olaru and Josef Bosansky also acquired direct entries to the finals.
- BAN vs SL, ICC World Cup: Bangladesh beats Sri Lanka to keep Champions Trophy hopes alive
- ICC World Cup 2023: In ‘Spirit of the Game’ debate, Shakib could have been everybody’s hero with some leniency
- Angelo Mathews on timed out dismissal: Never thought Shakib, Bangladesh would stoop so low
- SL vs BAN, World Cup 2023: Mathews, Shakib ‘timed out’ feud continues in tense post-match press conference
- Shakib Al Hasan defends Angelo Mathews timed out dismissal: Full text of SL vs BAN, World Cup 2023 press conference