India’s Sunil Kumar scored 7003 points and clinched gold in men’s decathlon at the Asian U20 Athletics Championships in Yecheon, South Korea on Tuesday.
Apart from Sunil’s heroics, Pooja clinched women’s high jump silver after finishing with a 1.82m jump while Bushra Khan, secured silver in women’s 3000m race. In the women’s 4x100m relay, India secured bronze with a time of 45.36s.
Earlier on Monday, Siddharth Choudhary bagged gold medal in the men’s Shot Put with a throw of 19.52m while Shivam Lohakare won silver in Javelin throw with a throw of 72.34m. Sharuk Khan clocked 8:51.74 in men’s 3000m steeplechase to add another silver to India’s medal tally.
India is placed third in the overall rankings with 12 medals - Three each of gold, silver and bronze. Japan tops the chart with 10 golds and 17 medals overall while China is placed second with 14 medals.
- From Satwik-Chirag’s highs to Sindhu’s lows, Asian Games 2023 a test for India’s badminton faithful
- ICC Men’s T20 World Cup venues confirmed: Dallas, Florida and New York get the nod
- Mohammed Siraj back at No.1 in ICC Men’s ODI bowling rankings
- Asian Games 2023 Live Score and Updates, September 20: Indians in action in rowing, pentathlon; Volleyball men’s team faces South Korea
- Manchester United vs Bayern Munich - a trip down memory lane of the historic 1999 Champions League final