The crisis-ridden Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) and its host broadcaster will have something to cheer about during the middle of 2024 when the Indian team makes its annual ritual tour of the islands for a short six-match white-ball series, the board announced on Wednesday.
SLC has been banned by the ICC for government interference and the global body has also shifted the U-19 World Cup to South Africa. However, the national teams (men and women) will be allowed to fulfil their bilateral commitments.
According to the 2024 calendar released by SLC, India is supposed to travel for three ODI and T20Is each during July-August, which is effectively the country’s cricket season.
The men’s national team is due to play 52 international games in 2024, which includes 10 Tests, 21 ODIs and 21 T20Is. The T20Is, however, don’t factor in the additional games that they will play during the T20 World Cup.
One of the major assignments will be the three-Test away series in England, which is a part of the current World Test Championship. The other tough assignment will be the two-Test series against South Africa in November.
- Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid LIVE score, RMA 2-1 ATM, Spanish Super Cup semifinal: Mendy scores for Los Blancos lead
- Mumbai City FC parts way with Greg Stewart
- Voting lines now open for Sportstar ACES Awards 2024
- Harmanpreet Kaur’s poor form a concern for India in T20 World Cup run-up
- Haas F1 drops Guenther Steiner as team principal after another dismal season for the American team