South Africa created the record for the highest score in PowerPlay in T20 Internationals during the 2nd T20I against West Indies.
The Proteas broke the record of West Indies, which scored 98 runs against Sri Lanka in 2021, by posting 102 runs for the loss of no wickets in six overs.
South Africa’s charge was led by opening batter Quinton De Kock who broke his own record for the fastest fifty by a South Africam. De Kock reached the half-century in 15 deliveries. De Kock and Reeza Hendricks hit 13 fours and six sixes in the powerplay.
De Kock completed his century in 43 deliveries, the second fastest by a South African in the 20-over format, before falling on the next one.
Hendricks continued attacking and ended up with 68 runs off 28 deliveries. Heinrich Klaasen and Aiden Markram also played vital roles as South Africa completed the record run-chase in the 19th over with six wickets to spare.
Earlier in the match, West Indies scored 258 runs to record its highest innings total in the 20-over format.
- Which teams are playing ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup Final 2023?
- MotoGP Qatar: Title rivals Bagnaia and Martin together on grid
- Most sixes in ICC World Cup 2023: South Africa on top with 99 sixes, Australia in second place
- Indian sports news wrap, November 18
- India vs Australia, World Cup final: Keep calm and play cricket, says captain Rohit before summit clash