Kolkata Knight Riders all-rounder Andre Russell walked off the field after suffering a niggle while bowling for the first time in the IPL 2023 season on Friday against Sunrisers Hyderabad in Kolkata.
Russell, who did not bowl in KKR’s first three games, came on in the fifth over after KKR won the toss. Russell struck instantly for his side, dismissing opener Mayank Agarwal and an in-form Rahul Tripathi in the over.
Russell, however, surrendered to his haunches midway through his second over and immediately walked off the field with the physio after completing the over. He had recorded figures of 2/21 in two overs by then.
The West Indies star returned to the field after two overs and completed the catch of SRH skipper Aiden Markam off Varun Chakravarthy’s bowling. However, Russell was in pain once again and left the field after he removed Abhishek Sharma in the 19th over.
The 34-year-old Russell was KKR’s leading wicket-taker last season, recording 17 wickets from 14 games.
- Asia Cup 2023, Super 4: Kohli, Rahul, Kuldeep shine as India registers record win over Pakistan
- India vs Pakistan Reserve Day weather updates, Asia Cup Super 4: Play resumes after rain relents
- India vs Pakistan HIGHLIGHTS, Asia Cup Super 4 Reserve Day: IND beats PAK by 228 runs for record win; Kohli, Rahul, Kuldeep shine
- Why is Cristiano Ronaldo not playing in the Portugal vs Luxembourg EURO 2024 qualifier?
- ‘Maximum respect’ for Rubiales resignation: Spain coach De la Fuente