Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag said on Friday he does not know whether in-form Marcus Rashford will be available for the League Cup final against Newcastle United on Sunday.
The 25-year-old forward has been in sparkling form this season and helped the Red Devils beat Barcelona in the Europa League knockout play-off round on Thursday. United won 2-1 at Old Trafford to seal a 4-3 victory over the Spanish league leader on aggregate.
Rashford was substituted in the 88th minute and appeared to hint on Instagram he had picked up a knock, posting an image of himself walking down the touchline looking in discomfort accompanied with a bandaged emoji.
Asked if the forward would be available for the match at Wembley on Sunday, Ten Hag said: “I don’t know. So, players now are coming in. We have to do investigations, medical of course.
“Yesterday we did but straight after the game most of the time you can’t say. We have to wait for a 100 per cent diagnosis.”
Ten Hag confirmed Anthony Martial, who has not played since February 1, will not be available for the match as United attempt to end their six-year trophy drought.
Latest on Sportstar
- Asian Cup too soon to think about for Stimac as India seeks success in Intercontinental Cup 2023
- Barcelona vs Wolfsburg LIVE score, UWCL final: Lineups OUT, Putellas on bench; Kick-off at 7:30pm IST
- Sivasakthi not back until September, Suresh out for ‘not following instructions’: India Coach Stimac
- Khelo India University Games: Panjab regain champions crown as Guru Nanak Dev fall short despite Fencing sweep on final day
- Asensio confirms Real Madrid exit after nine years at the club