Indian MMA fighter Rana Rudra Pratap Singh suffered a crushing first round loss against Chang Ho Lee of South Korea in the quarterfinal of the Road to UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) in Shanghai on Sunday.
Lee rushed Rana from the get go and dominated the bout to come out on top as he qualified for the semifinal with a knockout win via strikes. Lee will meet Daermisi Zhawupasi in the penultimate clash.
This first-round knockout loss marks the end of the road for the Indian contingent as Rana’s compatriot endured a 28-29, 28-29, 28-29 unanimous decision loss against Seung Guk Choi in episode two on Saturday.
More to follow...
- 13 Odisha athletes bound for Asian Games to get Rs 10 lakh each from state government
- Asia Cup 2023: Wellalage ‘very happy to get big wickets of Kohli, Rohit’
- VIDEO: Djokovic celebrates U.S Open triumph with Serbian basketball team
- King’s Cup 2023: Litmus test for India to find its next No. 9 with FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers ahead
- VIDEO: I was a little a nervous on my comeback, says KL Rahul