Asian Games-bound Wushu player Owais Sarwar Ahenger and a minor swimmer have been handed provisional suspensions by the National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) after the two athletes failed their dope tests.
According to NADA, the 23-year-old Sarwar’s dope sample contained a cocktail of drugs, including 19-norandrosterone, which is a metabolite of anabolic androgenic steroid nandrolone.
The other banned drugs were stimulant mephentermine and its metabolite Phentermine.
Ahenger, a 70kg Sanda judoka from Ladakh, was named in the 14-member squad by the Wushu Association of India for the Hangzhou Games, starting September 23.
The minor athlete, who is said to be a swimmer, has also tested positive for 19-norandrosterone.
NADA revealed the dope test results in its latest update of Indian athletes who have been handed a provisional suspension.
- Ranji Trophy LIVE Scores, Round 4 Day 2 Updates: Tanmay triple ton helps Hyderabad take massive lead vs AP; Kerala vs Bihar delayed due to bad light
- IND vs ENG Live Score, 1st Test Day 3: India 425/7, leads England by 179 runs; Jadeja, Axar at the crease
- Ligue 1 2023-24: Two-goal Terrier runs Lyon ragged as Rennes wins thriller
- Serie A 2023-24: Cagliari pays homage to Riva but loses to Torino
- I’ll miss him but I’ll sleep better, Guardiola says of Klopp’s quit decision