The Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023 auction is set to take place on Friday (December 23) in Kochi.
The 10 franchises will firm up their squads after they released a bunch of players ahead of the 16th edition of the IPL. The mini-auction will have a maximum of 87 slots up for grabs, with room for 30 overseas players to feature in the league.
Here’s what CSK’s auction strategy could look like:
Chennai Super Kings
Remaining purse: INR 20.45 crore
Total slots available: 7
Overseas slots available: 2
IPL auction strategy: Having released Dwayne Bravo and Robin Uthappa, the four-time champion will look to rope in an overseas fast-bowling all-rounder, which will also help in adding heft to a lean batting line-up. CSK could eye Sam Curran, the English all-rounder it had bought for INR 5.5 crore in 2019. A hard-hitting middle-order batter will also be on CSK’s wish list, considering it has Ambati Rayudu and MS Dhoni, who have struggled to score at a fast clip consistently of late. While the spin department looks settled, CSK would fancy a backup fast-bowler with genuine pace who can complement Deepak Chahar and Mukesh Choudhary and cushion injury issues.
- Ngamgouhou Mate, India U-16 football captain, pines for home and a chance to train with teammates again
- Bellingham not weighed down by Real Madrid shirt, says Ancelotti
- Barbora Krejcikova wins San Diego Open, beating Sofia Kenin 6-4, 2-6, 6-4
- 2023 ODI World Cup venues: Rajiv Gandhi Stadium in Hyderabad — capacity, pitch info and areas that need attention
- Elavenil strikes gold in Rio Shooting World Cup