Nitish Rana has been as the captain of the North Zone team for the upcoming Deodhar Trophy, which will be played from July 24 in Puducherry.
The Delhi batter was the skipper of Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) in IPL 2023 and score three half-centuries from the 14 matches he played.
Abhishek Sharma, wicketkeeper-batter Prabhsimran Singh and Harshit Rana also found a place in the 15-member squad. The trio is also part of the Indian squad for the Emerging Teams Asia Cup, scheduled to be held in Sri Lanka between July 13 and 23.
In the event of India reaching the final in that tournament, they will join the North Zone squad at a later date. The likes of Mayank Dagar and Manan Vohra have been named in the list of stand-by players.
“If India reaches the finals, there may be a delay in them joining the team and the stand-by players will play the the first game in that case,” said North Zone selection committee convenor Anirudh Chaudhary.
NORTH ZONE SQUAD
- Live Score IND vs WI 2nd Test, Day 4: Kishan, Gill push India on against West Indies
- Hopman Cup: Croatia downs Switzerland to clinch title
- Jonas Vingegaard wins second successive Tour de France
- Wrestling trials for Asian Games: Upsets galore show past has little influence on the present
- Deodhar Trophy: Tournament favourite South Zone looks to open campaign on a high against North Zone