After conceding a draw in the opening match, former champion Gokulam Kerala’s I-League campaign seems to be shaping up nicely. The host registered its second win within four days, as it thrashed Rajasthan United 5-0, riding on a hat-trick from Alex Sanchez.
Gokulam went ahead in the 33rd minute through Komron Tursonov, who gave the finishing touch to the superb pass into the box by Nili Perdomo. Sanchez made it 2-0 in the 61st minute, with just his second touch after coming on as a substitute, as he headed home an excellent corner-kick by Edu Bedia.
After V.S. Sreekuttan struck eight minutes later, Sanchez added to Rajasthan’s miseries, even as Gokulam moved to the top of the table, with seven points, in these very early days of the competition.
Earlier in the day, Shillong Lajong and Neroca played out a 1-1 draw at Shillong.
Shillong Lajong FC earned a point on I-League’s return to the Meghalaya capital after a gap of four seasons, holding fellow North-eastern side NEROCA FC to a 1-1 draw here on Thursday.
Lajong, who had also drawn 1-1 with Mohammedan Sporting in Naihati last week, took the lead through its Brazilian midfielder Renan Paulino in the 34th minute.
However, NEROCA bounced back in the second half, equalising through Jamaican striker Fabian Reid in the 79th minute.
(with inputs from PTI)
- India vs England Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 3: ENG 24/2, Ashwin strikes twice in one over; Duckett, Pope fall
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: TN 338 all out, leads by 155; Yash Thakur removes Manish Pandey
- Abhay Singh wins Goodfellow Classic squash in Toronto
- IND vs ENG: Shoaib Bashir becomes second youngest overseas bowler to pick five wickets in India
- NBA roundup: Celtics tops Knicks for 8th straight win