India has climbed to second place, ahead of Pakistan, which has lost the No. 1 ODI ranking following its elimination from the Asia Cup 2023 tournament. India will play in the Asia Cup final against co-host Sri Lanka on Sunday.
The Babar Azam-led side, which lost to Sri Lanka in a last-ball thriller for its second successive defeat in the Super Four, slipped two places to No. 3 with 115 points in the ICC’s mid-week update.
Two points ahead of India (116), Australia is now the No. 1 ODI side as the race for the top spot has intensified ahead of next month’s World Cup.
Both teams are also set to clash in a three-match ODI series in India beginning on September 22 ahead of their World Cup opener in Chennai on October 8.
Australia has climbed to No. 1 on the back of its back-to-back defeats in South Africa, but its loss in the third ODI at Potchefstroom by 111 runs may have given an opening to India.
- India vs Bangladesh LIVE Score, Asia Cup 2023 Super 4: BAN 124/4 (26); Shakib hits fifty - IND vs BAN updates
- Jhingan, Gurpreet part of Sports Ministry’s updated Indian Football team for Asian Games
- India vs Bangladesh Live Scorecard, Asia Cup 2023 Super 4: Streaming info; BAN loses 4 wickets, Thakur picks two, Shakib scores fifty
- Olympic champion Titmus has surgery to remove benign tumours
- Satwik-Chirag: Consistency will be the key to success in Asian Games