Borussia Dortmund midfielder Julian Brandt has been ruled out for two weeks with a torn thigh muscle, the club announced on Thursday.
The Germany midfielder was subbed off after just five minutes in the 2-0 loss at Chelsea on Tuesday which eliminated Dortmund in the Champions League last 16.
The club tweeted Brandt “tore a muscle fibre in the thigh” an will miss the club’s upcoming derby match at Schalke, along with their home clash with Cologne.
Brandt had scored in four of his past five league matches and was named Bundesliga player of the month in February.
Dortmund has won their last eight league matches. The five-time Bundesliga winners sit equal with leaders Bayern Munich on points atop the table, second on goal difference.
Latest on Sportstar
- Sabalenka makes French Open last eight for first time
- Tsitsipas blasts past Ofner to make French Open quarter-finals
- Duplantis sets new 2023 pole vault best
- Champion Napoli ends season with 2-0 win over bottom side Sampdoria
- Benzema scores on farewell but Real held at home by Bilbao