Tamil Thalaivas captain Pawan Sehrawat on Saturday injured himself during a Pro Kabaddi League 2022 match against Gujarat Giants at the Sri Kanteerava indoor stadium in Bengaluru.
Pawan, who was looking to effect a tackle on Gujarat counterpart Chandran Ranjith, twisted his right knee. Unable to move, Pawan was seen wincing his pain as the game was brought to a standstill.
Later, he had to be stretchered off. Although the injury looks concerning and it was announced Pawan won’t be taking to the mat any more on Saturday, an official statement from Tamil Thalaivas regarding the same is awaited.
However, Tamil Thalaivas coach Udaya Kumar sounded optimistic regarding Pawan’s availability in the upcoming matches. “Pawan should be back in 2-3 days,” he said while addressing the media at the press conference.
Pawan was roped in from Bengaluru Bulls ahead of this season for 2.26 crore rupees, a move which made him the most expensive player in PKL history. The 23-year-old, presently, is just 14 raid points away from 1000 career raid points.
- IND vs NZ Live Toss, World Cup 2023 Semifinal: Will coin flip favour Rohit Sharma or Kane Williamson at Wankhede?
- IND vs NZ Live Score Updates, World Cup 2023 Semifinal: Toss, lineup updates; Rohit & Co look to extend winning run to 10-0
- Watch: World Cup 2023 best of the league stage - Top innings, favourite moment, winner predictions
- Rory McIlroy resigns from PGA Tour’s policy board
- NBA In-Season tournament: Pacers beats 76ers, ends Philly’s 8-game winning streak