- ARTISTIC GYMNASTICS: Pranati Nayak through to vault and all-around final
- Wushu: India secures a medal in women’s 60kg event
- INDIA WINS MAIDEN ASIAN GAMES CRICKET MEDAL
- Men’s doubles tennis - Ramkumar/Saketh progresses
- 25m men’s Rapid Fire Pistol - India clinches bronze/Vijayveer enters final
- Tennis results
- 10m air rifle final - Tomar wins bronze
- Another rowing event, another medal for India!
- India clinches bronze in rowing men’s four
- Srihari Natraj finishes 4rd in Men’s 50m backstroke, qualifies for final
- Men’s 10m air rifle qualification event results (INDIA)
- Series 6: Men’s 10m air rifle - India breaks World Record!
- Rowing - Men’s single sculls - Balraj finishes fourth
- Today's schedule (India specific)
- September 25, 2023 19:16That’s all folks!
And that’s everything from the Asian Games for today. However, we will continue to bring live updates till the event gets over. The LIVE coverage will resume at 5:30 am IST tomorrow, do tune into our website to get instant updates!
- September 25, 2023 19:14Nishant Dev through to R16 after defeating Dipesh Lama
Winning by points was India’s Nishant Dev after he beat Dipesh Lama of Nepal with an unanimous score 5-0.
- September 25, 2023 19:11Men’s 63.5-71Kg - Preliminaries - R32
Nishant Dev defeated Dipesh Lama in round two with an unanimous score of 10 from all five judges. However, Lama was able to secure only three nines.
- September 25, 2023 19:09WUSHU: Vikrant Baliyan vs Samuel Marbun
Men’s 65kg event 1/8 event saw India’s Vikrant Baliyan losing to Samuel Marbun of Indonesia.
- September 25, 2023 19:05Men’s 63.5-71Kg - Preliminaries - R32
Nishant Dev beats Dipesh Lama in round one with an unanimous score of 10 from all five judges
- September 25, 2023 19:04Men’s 63.5-71Kg - Preliminaries - R32: Nishant Dev faces Dipesh Lama
India’s Nishant Dev faces Dipesh Lama of Nepal in the men’s 63.5-71kg event
- September 25, 2023 18:53ARTISTIC GYMNASTICS: Pranati Nayak through to vault and all-around final
India’s Pranati Nayak has qualified for the women’s vault event and the all-around finals. In the vault event, she finished sixth with a total of 12.716, with the top 8 ranked gymnasts (maximum two per NOC) qualify to the apparatus final. In the all-around event, Pranati qualified 23rd. Top 24 ranked gymnasts (maximum two per NOC) qualify to the All-Around Final.
- September 25, 2023 18:44SWIMMING: Men’s 4x200m Freestyle Relay Final
The Indians ranked seventh with a time of 7:29.23. Korea shatters the Asian and Games Record by clocking 7:01.73. The previous Asian Record was set by Japan in 2009 with a time of 7:02.26.
- September 25, 2023 18:32Jemimah Rodrigues on the team’s Asian Games win!
- September 25, 2023 17:52SWIMMING: Men’s 100m breaststroke Final
India’s Likith Selvaraj clocked 1:01.62 finishing seventh. China’s Qin Haiyang, who won the gold, also broke the Asian Games Record with a timing of 57.76 seconds. He broke his own Asian Games record that he set in the heats early in the morning.
- September 25, 2023 17:40WUSHU: Surya Bhanu reaches quarterfinals
After three rounds, Surya reached the quarterfinals of the men’s 60kg event after winning 2-1.
- September 25, 2023 17:36WUSHU: Surya Bhanu Partap vs Islombek Khaydarov (Uzbekistan)
After Round 2, both players are with one points each.
- September 25, 2023 17:29Deepak wins against Muhammad Abdul in men’s 46-51kg
Deepak wins against Muhammad Abdul of Malaysia in the men’s 46-51kg round of 32 boxing event.
- September 25, 2023 17:21BOXING: Men’s 46-51kg (Round of 32)
Deepak wins the first round against Muhammad Abdul of Malaysia in an unanimous decision.
- September 25, 2023 17:18Wushu: India secures a medal in women’s 60kg event
India’s Roshibina Devi defeated Aiman K of Kazakhstan by point difference in the Women’s 60Kg Quarterfinal. Wushu does not have a bronze medal match, so incase Roshibina loses the semis, she will win the bronze.
- September 25, 2023 17:08SWIMMING: Men’s 50m backstroke (Srihari Nataraj)
India’s Srihari Nataraj swam the men’s 50m backstroke in 25.39 seconds. China’s Xu Jiayu finished first with a timing of 24.38.
- September 25, 2023 17:00Arundhati loses to Yang 0-5
Arundhati loses to China Yang Liu 0-5 (win on points)
- September 25, 2023 16:55BOXING: Arundhati loses second round also
Yang dominates over the Indian Arundhati as all five judges yet again show 10s.
- September 25, 2023 16:52BOXING: Arundhati loses first round
Yang takes the first round as all five judges show 10. Arundhati on the losing side.
- September 25, 2023 16:48BOXING: Arundhati Choudhary vs Yang Liu (Women’s 60-66kg) R16
India’s Arundhati takes on China’s Yang in the round of 16 as the crowd cheers, “Jiayou”.
- September 25, 2023 16:33Who is Titas Sadhu - the Indian pacer who picked three wickets in Asian Games gold medal match win?
Who is Titas Sadhu - the Indian pacer who picked three wickets in Asian Games gold medal match win?
Indian pacer Titas Sadhu, who took three wickets for six runs, was the pick of the bowlers as the women’s team beat Sri Lanka by 19 runs to win country’s maiden Asian Games gold in cricket in Hanzghou, China on Monday.
- September 25, 2023 16:21The winning team’s coach and captain have a lot to say!
- September 25, 2023 16:19CHESS: Men’s and Women’s Individual Round 4
Men’s- Arjun Erigaisi drew with Amin Tabatabaei of Iran. Vidit Gujarathi defeated Le Tuan Minh of Vietnam.
Women’s- Koneru Humpy lost to Chinese Hou Yifan. Harika Dronavalli drew with Nilufar Yakubbaeva of Uzbekisatan.
- September 25, 2023 15:51TENNIS: India 1 mixed doubles team through to quarterfinals
The Indian mixed doubles pair of Rujuta Bhosale and Rohan Bopanna are through to the quarterfinals after defeating Uzbekistan’s Akgul and Maksim 6-2, 6-4.
- September 25, 2023 15:16TENNIS: Mixed Doubles Round 2
Rutuja Bhosale and Rohan Bopanna win first set 6-2 against Uzbekistan’s Akgul and Maksim.
- September 25, 2023 14:48CHESS: Men’s Individual Round 3
Vidit and Arjun defeat Thailand’s Prin and Nguyen of Vietnam, respectively in the men’s individual round three.
- September 25, 2023 14:43INDIA WINS MAIDEN ASIAN GAMES CRICKET MEDAL
India won its maiden gold medal after defeating Sri Lanka by 19 runs!
- September 25, 2023 14:41WOMEN’S CRICKET: India on brink on maiden Asian Games cricket gold
Indian women’s cricket team are on the brink of winning its maiden gold.....
- September 25, 2023 14:33Deepti gets Ranasinghe out- Sri Lanka 87/6
Deepti gets Ranasinghe out as the Sri Lankan hits the reverse sweep straight into the hands of Titas at short third.
- September 25, 2023 14:28CHESS: Women’s Individual Round 3
Harika Dronavalli lost to China’s Hou Yifan, while her compatriot Koneru Humpy drew with Zhu Jiner of China in the women’s individual round 3.
- September 25, 2023 14:24Nilakshika bowled by Vastrakar. Sri Lanka- 83/5
Vastrakar gets Nilakshika bowled as Sri Lanka are five wickets
- September 25, 2023 14:17Sri Lanka makes a comeback- 72/4
Nilakshika and Oshadhi muster up a crucial partnership for the Sri Lankan team, who are nearing the score Indians set in the first innings.
- September 25, 2023 13:57Sri Lanka four wickets down- 50/4
Gayakwad gets her first wicket of the match as Hasini sweeps only to be caught by Vastrakar at deep square leg.
- September 25, 2023 13:46Hasini and Nilakshi stabilise Sri Lankan innings- 29/3
With Hasini and Nilakshi’s partnership, Sri Lanka attempts a comeback after losing three wickets early in the innings.
- September 25, 2023 13:23India fights back vs Sri Lanka - 13/2
Titas Sadhu scalped two wickets in her first over to put breaks on the Sri Lankan scoring spree. She claimed the wickets of Anusha Sanjeewani and Vishmi Gunaratne
- September 25, 2023 13:1512/0 Sri Lanka in 1 over
Super start from Sri Lanka. Chamari Athapaththu smashed 12 runs off Deepti Sharma’s opening over. The Lankans will need 105 runs from 111 balls to clinch gold!
- September 25, 2023 13:00IND - 116/7 in 20 overs - Sri Lanka needs 117 to clinch gold
India finishes at 116/7. Excellent work from Sri Lanka to tightent the screws in the second half of the innings
- September 25, 2023 12:44IND - 100/2 in 16 overs - IND vs SL women’s cricket final
India reaches 100 in 16 overs on the back of a steady partnership between Smriti Mandhana (42*) and Jemimah Rodrigues (29*)
- September 25, 2023 12:413x3 basketball
India men’s team brushed away Malaysia 20-16, powered by Shaji Pratap Singh’s impressive 10-point game which included two two-pointers
Meanwhile, the women’s team went down 14-19 to Uzbekistan
- September 25, 2023 12:34Women’s handball
India started off bright against Japan, as it drew first blood in the 4th minute but the Japanese have come back hard and are currently running away with a 29-8 lead with close to 15 minutes remaining on the clock.
Update: India goes down 13-41 against Japan
- September 25, 2023 12:22Men’s doubles tennis - Ramkumar/Saketh progresses
Indian pair of Ramkumar Ramanathan and Saketh Myneni beat Indonesia’s Ignautius Susanto and David Susanto 6-3, 6-2 to advance into the next round
- September 25, 2023 12:19Men’s doubles tennis - Bopanna/Bhambri eliminated
Rohan Bopanna/Yuki Bhambri pair bows out of the tournament after a 3-6, 3-6 second round loss against Uzbekistan pair of Sergey Fomin and Khumoyun Sultanov
- September 25, 2023 11:58Series 5 - Men’s 25m rapid fire pistol - Vijayveer eliminated
Vijayveer has been eliminated.. He could only manage a 3/5 which places him fourth with 21 points. His competitor, Yangpan(24) of China, scored a 5/5 to make it into the final three
- September 25, 2023 11:51Series 4 - Men’s 25m rapid fire pistol
4/5 for Vijayveer and he now has accumulated 18 points. Meanwhile, Yulian (17) of Indonesia can get only a 3/5 and is most likely to get eliminated
- September 25, 2023 11:46Series 3 - Men’s 25m rapid fire pistol
Bullseye! Vijayveer gets 5 out of 5 and is on 14 points now
- September 25, 2023 11:42Series 3 - Men’s 25m rapid fire pistol
Much better performance from the Indian, he gets 4/5 this time. Nine points in total now
- September 25, 2023 11:36Vijayveer - Men’s 25m rapid fire pistol series 2
Marginally better from Vijayveer in this series. He gets 3/5. The Indian is currently languishing at the bottom of the table
Bashir gets yet another 4/5.
- September 25, 2023 11:32Sloppy start from Vijayveer - Men’s 25m rapid fire pistol
Vijayveer hits 2/5 in his first try. Meanwhile, Bashir of Pakistan gets 4/5
- September 25, 2023 11:29Up next, Men’s 25m rapid fire air pistol final
India’s Vijayveer Sidhu will be in action in the 25m rapid fire air pistol final and will look to add yet another medal to an already impressive day.Realtime updates here
- September 25, 2023 11:04IND vs SL - Women’s cricket final - India wins toss
India has won the toss and elected to bat first. Harmanpreet Kaur is back as the captain of the team
India playing 11: Harmanpreet (c), Shafali, Amanjot, Gayakwad, Ghosh, Mandhana, Jemimah, Titas, Deepti, Devika, Vastrakar
- September 25, 2023 11:03Asian Games LIVE medal tally
Get realtime medal updates from our designated medal blog - HERE
- September 25, 2023 10:37Judo - Garima bows out
India’s Garima Chaudhary had to bow out of the tournament after the Round of 16 loss against Ryoko Salinas of Philippines
- September 25, 2023 10:0825m men’s Rapid Fire Pistol - India clinches bronze/Vijayveer enters final
Another bronze for India! The Indian team consisting of Vijayveer Sidhu, Anish and Adarsh Singh has clinched bronze with 1718 points
Vijayveer finishes 25m Rapid Fire Pistol Men’s Qualifications with 582 points including 18 inner 10s and advances to the final, which will happen at 11:30am IST
- September 25, 2023 10:05Tennis results
Men’s singles round 2 - Ramkumar Ramanathan is through to the next round after his opponent, Sunatullo Isroilov of Tajikistan, opted for a walkover.
Women’s Singles Round 2 - Rutuja Bhosale beat Kazakhstan’s Aruzhan Sagandykova 7-6, 6-2 in straight sets
Women’s Singles Round 2 - Ankita Raina beat Uzbekistan’s Sabrina Olimjonova 6-0, 6-0
- September 25, 2023 09:3210m air rifle final - Tomar wins bronze
India’s Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar clinched the bronze medal with 228.8 points towards his name. China’s Sheng Lihao broke the world record with 253.3 points and won gold while Hajun Park of South Korea won silver with 251.3 pointsFULL REPORT
- September 25, 2023 09:28Rowing - India’s campaign ends
And that will be it for India’s campaign in rowing. The contingent finishes with five medals - 3 silver and 2 bronze medals
- September 25, 2023 08:44Another rowing event, another medal for India!
Team India (Satnam singh, Parminder Singh, Jakar Khan, Sukhmeet Singh) has just clinched bronze in the rowing men’s quadruple sculls with a timing of 6:08.61
- September 25, 2023 08:22India clinches bronze in rowing men’s four
The Indian team consisting Jaswinder Singh, Bheem Singh, Punit Kumar, Ashish have clinched bronze with 6:10.81s on the clock. Uzbekistan clinched gold with 6:04.96 on the clock while China won silver with 6:10.04s\
- September 25, 2023 08:00Srihari Natraj finishes 4rd in Men’s 50m backstroke, qualifies for final
India’s Srihari Natraj finishes 3rd in Men’s 50m backstroke in heat 4 with 25.43s on the clock.
- September 25, 2023 07:56India clinches gold in style!
- September 25, 2023 07:50Men’s 10m air rifle qualification event results (INDIA)
3. Rudrankksh - 632.8
5. Tomar - 631.6
8. Divyansh - 629.6
9. Islam Satpayev (Kazakhstan) - 629.6
Satpayev qualifies for the final as only two shooters from a country can advance. Despite having higer number of inner 10s, Divyansh is unable to qualify..
The men’s 10m air rifle final will happen at 9am IST and all three Indians will be taking part in it.
- September 25, 2023 07:35Series 6: Men’s 10m air rifle - India breaks World Record!
INDIA BREAKS 10m men’s rifle(team) WORLD RECORD! 1893.7 points. Betters the record that China (1893.3 points) created on August 19 earlier this year at the Baku World Championship.
Team standings (as it stands):
1. India: 1893.7
2. Korea: 1890.1
3. China: 1888.2Read full report HERE
- September 25, 2023 07:27Series 5: Men’s air rifle - India continues to lead!
Team standings (as it stands):
1. India: 1756.3
2. Korea: 1785.8
3. China: 1699.4
- September 25, 2023 07:23Series 4: Men’s 10m air rifle - India leads!
Team standings (as it stands):
1. India: 1513.2
2. Korea: 1669.8
3. China: 1563.9
- September 25, 2023 07:16Series 3 - Men’s 10m air rifle
Team standings (as it stands):
1. China: 1450.6
2. Korea: 1532.5
3. India: 1280.1
- September 25, 2023 07:10Rowing - Men’s single sculls - Balraj finishes fourth
India’s Balraj Panwar finishes fourth with 7:08.79s on the clock. He was poised to land on the podium at the 1500m mark but faltered in the final 500m
China’s Liang Zang clinched gold with 6:57.06 on the clock while Ryuta Arakawa (6:59.79) and Hong Kong’s Hin Chun Chiu (7:00.55) finished with silver and bronze respectively
- September 25, 2023 06:522nd series - Men’s 10m air rifle
India is currently placed third now with 816.6 points. China leads the chart with 1071.0 with Korea in second with 1154.0 points
- September 25, 2023 06:48Indian shooters after 1st series
- September 25, 2023 06:42Rudrankksh gets a shaky start
India’s Rudrankksh Patil in his first 6 attempts: 10.7 - 10.5 - 10.9 - 10.4 - 10.7 - 9.6.
Divyansh Singh Panwar’s first 6 shots: 10.1 - 10.7 - 10.3 - 10.3 - 10.7 - 10.5
- September 25, 2023 06:22Men’s 10m air rifle to start soon
Here are the bib numbers and firing points that have been assigned to the Indian shooters:
1. Divyansh Singh Panwar: FP 18, BIB 1131
2. Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar: FP 54, BIB 1133
3. Rudrankksh Balasaheb Patil: FP 57, BIB 1132
Click here to get instant updates on the shooting event from our designated LIVE blog
- September 25, 2023 06:16India’s performance on September 24
Click on the links to read full reports:
- September 25, 2023 05:50Today's schedule (India specific)
6:30 AM: 10m Air Rifle Men’s Qualification- Divyansh Panwar, Rudrankkash Patil, Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar
6: 30 AM: 10m Air Rifle Men’s Team Final- Divyansh Panwar, Rudrankkash Patil, Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar
6:30 AM: 25m Rapid Fire Pistol Men Qualification Phase 2- Adarsh Singh, Anish, Vijayveer Sidhu
6:30 AM: 25m Rapid Fire Pistol Team Men Phase 2 (Medal event)- Adarsh Singh, Anish, Vijayveer Sidhu
(Medal rounds subject to qualification)
7:00 AM: Men’s Single Sculls Final A- Balraj Panwar
7:40 AM: Men’s Four Final A- Jaswinder, Bheem, Punit, Ashish
8:30 AM: Men’s Quadruple Sculls Final A- Satnam, Parminder, Jakar, Sukhmeet
8:50 AM: Women’s Eight Final A- Sonali, Ritu, Priya Devi, Varsha, Aswathi, Nilesh, Tendenthoi Devi, Rukmani, Geetanjali
7:30 AM onwards: Women’s Qualification- Pranati Nayak
7:30 AM onwards: Women -70Kg Elimination Round of 16- Garima Choudhary
(Medal bouts are subject to qualification)
7:30 AM onwards: Men’s 50m backstroke Heat 4- Srihari Nataraj
7:41 AM onwards: Women’s 50m Backstroke Heat 3- Maana Patil
7:52 AM onwards: Men’s 50m Freestyle Heats- Anand AS, Virdhawal Khade
8:06 AM onwards: Women’s 200m Freestyle Heat 1- Dhinidhi Desinghu
8:20 AM onwards: Men’s 100m Breaststroke Heat 3- Likhith
8:35 AM onwards: Women’s 200m Individual Medley Heat- Hashika Ramachandra
8:51 AM onwards: Men’s 4 x 200m Freestyle Relay Heat 2
(Medal events subject to qualification)
Women’s Singles Round 2- Ankita Raina, Rutuja Bhosale
Men’s Singles Round 2- Ramkumar Ramanathan
9:30 AM onwards
Men’s Doubles Round 2- India 1 vs Uzbekistan 1
Women’s Doubles Round 1- India 2 vs Kazakhstan 2
Men’s Doubles Round 2- India 2 vs Singapore 2
1:30 PM onwards: Mixed Doubles Round 2- India 1 vs Uzbekistan 2
8:20 am: Women’s Pool F- India vs Singapore
(semifinal is subject to qualification)
8:30 AM ONWARDS
Men’s Windsurfing - iQFoil-Jerome Kumar Savarimuthu
Men’s Dinghy- ILCA7- Vishnu Sarvanan
Men’s Skiff - 49er- KC Ganapathy, Varun Thakkar
Men’s Windsurfer - RS-X: Eabad Ali
8:40 AM Onwards
Women’s Single Dinghy - ILCA6- Women’s Single Dinghy - ILCA6- Nethra Kumanan
Women’s Skiff - 49erFX- Harshita Tomar and Shital Verma
Women’s Windsurfer - RS-X: Ishwariya Ganesh
11: 30 AM Onwards
Mixed Multihull - Nacra 17: Siddeshwar Indar Doiphode and Ramya Saravanan
Mixed Dinghy - 470: Sudhanshu Shekhar and Preeti Kongara
Boy’s Dinghy - ILCA4: Adhvait Menon
11:34 AM Onwards: Men’s Kite - IKA Formula Kite- Chitresh Tatha
11:40 AM onwards: Girl’s Dinghy - ILCA4: Neha Thakur
11:30 AM: Women’s team gold medal match- India vs Sri Lanka
11:30 AM: Women’s Preliminary Round - Group B- India vs Japan
11:50 PM: Women’s Round Robin Pool A- India vs Uzbekistan
12:10 PM: Men’s Round Robin Pool C- India vs Malaysia
12:30 PM: Men/Women’s Individual Round 3
2:30 PM: Men/Women’s Individual Round 4
4:45 PM: Women’s 60-66Kg - Preliminaries - R16- Arundhati Choudhary
5:15 PM: Men’s 46-51Kg - Preliminaries - R32- Deepak
7 PM: Men’s 63.5-71Kg - Preliminaries - R32- Nishant Dev
5 PM onwards: Men’s 60Kg 1/8 Final- Surya Bhanu Partap
Men’s 65Kg 1/8 Final- Vikrant Baliyan
- September 25, 2023 05:44Streaming/Telecast information
Shooting medal events, cricket finals, rowing final, swimming final will be broadcasted on Sony Sports Network.
For the events which will not be telecast on the Sony Sports Network on September 25, you can get instant updates on Sportstar website/app.
- Ben Stokes undergoes knee surgery ahead of India tour
- France 2030, Salt Lake City 2034 picked as preferred winter Olympics bids by IOC
- VIDEO: Tushar Shelke wins National Archery men’s title, hopes for Olympic glory
- ISL 2023-24 Stats: Diamantakos storms into Golden Boot race, Luna tops assists’ list
- IND A vs ENG A Women, 1st T20: Kashvee, Shreyanka prove their mettle as India pips England by three runs